Monday 1 June 2009

Creative CV's

OK, so in my normal HR world I'm used to seeing plenty of CV's. Most of them tend to be of the straight-as-a-die variety; 2 or 3 pages of closely typed Ariel/ Times New Roman, achievement or objectives focused and with a degree of creativity applied to the facts (if the statistics are to be believed, the average CV comes with a 50/50 chance of being fabricated.) Traditional, safe and a little bit dull

But there is a different type of "creative" CV, the type that some graphic designers or artists might produce. Take a look at these.

Creative CV's

Talk about standing out from the crowd. I LOVE these! If one of them landed on my desk I would be blown away. I would want to find a reason to give you an interview. I know its not the proper business focused, objective way, but how many CV's have ever triggered an emotional reaction in you?

And on a similar topic: 100 really creative business cards
.

1 comment:

Judith Christian-Carter said...

The usual emotion I have is one of disbelief when I read the introductory 100 words or so which says how wonderful the person is (well they are hardly going to say anything else are they?). You know the sort of thing, team player, energetic, visionary, hard-working, can walk on water ...... Oh yawn, yawn. Judith